There are so many quick and easy ways to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Replace your regular breakfast meal with as much fruit as you can eat. Fruit is not meant to be just a snack. Because it is high in water and fiber and has all the healthy carbs you need to get you through your day, you can replace whole meals with it!
- Have fruit for a snack between breakfast and lunch.
- Begin your dinner with a large vegetable salad. Think outside the box. Change up textures by shredding or spiralizing your veggies. Make dressings with fruits and veggies like mango, tomato, corn and add your favorite herbs for flavor.
- For more quick and easy recipe ideas subscribe to my YouTube Channel and check out my recipe book, FruitFullyRaw Recipes.
The basics of beginning an exercise program are just as simple, maybe even more so. Move! That's all you have to do to get started. These are some fun ideas to get your exercise in without even knowing it!
- Go for a brisk walk with your spouse, a friend, or your children.
- Sign up for a fun exercise class like spinning, zumba, yoga, or dance.
- Play a sport. Almost all of us played and enjoyed at least one sport as children, but we often stop playing as we become adults. Look into recreational adult teams in your area for volleyball, softball, basketball, etc.
- Most importantly, choose something that you enjoy doing. The best exercise is the one that you like to do!
Being healthy is about enjoying life - physically, mentally, and emotionally. Life is meant to be abundant. Enjoy eating as much fresh food as you'd like and you will have the energy and desire to move your body and do what it takes to stay healthy!